Solutions for Carbon capture storage with LEWA process pumps
Conventional pump systems, such as piston or centrifugal pumps, can be reliably operated for the injection of hydrogen sulfide/carbon dioxide only by using expensive additional measures. Process diaphragm pumps from LEWA are a reliable solution for these pumping tasks up to outputs of 1000 kW. If two coupled pumps running in parallel are used, this extends to well above 1000 kW.
H2S (acid gas) is an extreme challenge for pump systems:
- It is very toxic, highly flammable and hazardous to the environment
- It has poor lubrication properties
- It has a high vapor pressure
The most important properties of the LEWA process diaphragm pumps for critical applications such as CCS are:
- Hermetically sealed
- Previously implemented flows up to 110 m3/h
- Dry run safe
- High efficiency even in partial load
- Diaphragm monitoring system by default
- Online and offline condition monitoring systems
- Flexibility due to speed control
- Variable compositions of material flows and variable back pressures possible
- Conveying fluids containing solid content is possible
- High operational safety and availability
- Long diaphragm service life
- Low maintenance costs
- Low lifecycle costs
To optimize the energy efficiency in the CSS compression all during the injection a combination of compressors and process diaphragm pumps is recommended.
Read more in our technical article
CCS Compression with compressors and process diaphragm pumps
Example: System for injecting CO2, 3-stage reciprocating compressor with triplex diaphragm pump.