Pump head M800 - reliable at high pressures
LEWA Series M800 diaphragm pump heads are, in principle, designed like the pump heads of the tried-and-tested M500 series. These are pump heads with a freely oscillating PTFE diaphragm and diaphragm position control via a control push rod.
The special feature of this series is the very high level of permissible operating pressure. Pump heads of the M800 series can be used for discharge pressures up to 1000 bar.
One of the greatest challenges in developing high pressure pump heads is the diaphragm clamping system. Due to the design of the patented solution developed by LEWA, the clamping position does not “breathe” during the discharge stroke.
This has been implemented using an indentation that is formed by a circumferential flexible lip in the area of the diaphragm clamping system. This geometry, calculated using the finite element method (FEM), leads to a completely different movement behavior of the clamping system (specifically: there is no negative axial movement in the two halves of the clamping position relative to one another).
With this modified movement behavior, the PTFE diaphragm can have a long service life, even at very high pressures. As a result of the M800 pump head, LEWA is the only pump manufacturer that works with a PTFE diaphragm at pressures ranging from 400 to 1,000 bar.
- Very high operating pressure while simultaneously using the freely oscillating PTFE diaphragm
- As a result of the lowest possible use of materials, LEWA is able to offer inexpensive options in the high pressure range (small outer diameter compared to diaphragm pump heads made of metal; no perforated plates)
- Hermetically sealed – no leaks of pumped fluid or hydraulic oil
- High metering accuracy
- Long diaphragm service life
- Secure against misuse and against impermissible operating states, which results in outstanding system availability.
- Universal use thanks to freely oscillating diaphragm – resistant to dirt or particulate in the pumped fluid. It is also suitable for suspensions
- Continuous diaphragm monitoring which enables downtimes to be planned
- Maintenance-free plunger seal using ground bushings
|Type ||Maximum pressure ||Maximum |
flow rate for each pump head
|Temperature ||Maximum viscosity |
|M800 ||1,000 bar ||1 m³/h ||-10/+60 °C ||100,000 mPa∙s |